Valere Joseph III
Date launched: June 20, 2015
Sure, my boat is taking forever to build. But I've been building my own crew.
High risk pregnancy and an emergency c-section. Photo was 17 hours after the crazy event. What a ride.
In general, this year and a half has been a bit of a whirlwind. Let's summarize 2014 & 2015 thus far, shall we?
1. Bought a house 150 miles south.
2. Moved and sold our house in Seattle.
3. Miscarriages 1 & 2. Dark days. Felt pretty low.
4. Crushed fingers in a door. Important because the damn things took months to heal. Frustration due to limited usefulness added to grim outlook on life.
5. Llamas were acquired. Their previous owner couldn't care for them so we got free lawn mowers.
6. Val & I celebrated our 10th anniversary.
7. My 'shop' (aka the garage) now has an Intergalactic Spaceboat of Light and Wonder hogging it (Translation: we bought a Tesla).
8. Sold the Seattle area condo, now we only have ONE property to focus on (hurray!)
9. Added a family member to the household.
10. Started the renovation of our current house.
Rio, as you can imagine, has been on the back burner. My guilt levels are through the roof. But, reminding myself that she's just a hunk of plywood and not a sentient being helps.
So here's what's going to happen.
(and since I paid for this domain, I have to do something with it, right?)
Will the blog title ever truly make sense? I hope so. I'd love nothing more than to teach our sweet little son how to sail on a sailboat his mother built.